We have put together the ultimate technical SEO checklist in 2022 that you need for better traffic for your blogs or websites. Technical SEO is one of the crucial parts of any website or blog. It is the one that is mainly responsible for your website or blog’s performance on search engines like Google. Google is much more concerned about the technical SEO of your websites or blogs.
Ultimate Technical SEO Checklist In 2022 [Tools Included]
- Website Speed: Website speed is one of the most crucial aspects of your blog that you need to be very careful about. Google will promote your blog if it is fast enough on multiple platforms like laptops and mobiles. You can check the speed of your website by visiting PageSpeed Insights. You can also see the area of improvement with the help of reports from PageSpeed Insights from Google. You need to have better FCP, FID FCP, and CLS for the better speed of your blog. The page should have an FID of less than 100 ms, 2.5 seconds LCP, and CLS of less than 1 second. These particular field data are responsible for better results on Google Core Web Vital.
Crawl errors: You should avoid crawl errors on a serious note as if they can’t view your page, it’s not gonna rank on GOOGLE. You can easily find Crawl Errors reports in the Google Search Console’s “Coverage” report. Check if there are any 4xx and 5xx error pages and redirect to where you want.
Duplicate or thin content: Get rid of any duplicate or thin content from your website and also make sure that Google is indexing one version of your site rather than multiple versions of the website like http://9to5blog.com, https://9to5blog.com, https://www.9to5blog.com.
- HTTPS protocol: Make sure that your website or blog has SSL installed and is using HTTPS protocol. Google already declared HTTPS protocol as one of the ranking factors.
XML sitemap: You should have optimized sitemaps submitted to search engines. XML sitemaps explain the site structure to Google and other search engines.
optimized robots.txt file: Use optimized and proper robots.txt file to avoid any deindexing changes from Google. Robots.txt files tell search engine bots how to crawl your website and how not. Sometimes you might need to block the Google bot from crawling your website and you can do it with a robots.txt file.
- Make Sure Your Site is Mobile-Friendly: Google recently launched a new “Mobile-First Index“ rule that means you need to have a mobile-friendly website to get enough attention from the Google bot.
Meanwhile, check our blog on:
Now, let’s have a look into some of them:
Best Technical SEO Tools You Should Be Using In 2022
- Google Search Console/Google Webmaster Tool
- Google Analytics
- HubSpot’s Website Grader
- Screaming Frog
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights Tool
- Web developer toolbar extension
- .htaccess tester
- Schema.org Structured Data Testing Tool From Google
This much for now. Please let us know your ideas about technical SEO and suggest to us if there is any better and unique way of doing technical SEO of the websites or blogs. And yes please let us know if there are any broken links in this post.